Luke & Christy

Luke & Christy

Love Unfolding

Fundraising Project

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pre-Application


February 20, 2013
The weekend of February 10th consisted of filling out the first part of paper work from Bethany, our pre-application. I was thrilled to get this process started, but it was also a bit intimidating and nerve racking because I knew this was just the beginning. However, we just had to get through this step and focus on the pre-application before filling my mind with all the other overwhelming paper work.  One section on the application had us share our statement of faith to the agency; I was very impressed on how thorough their questions were!  It really pleased us to see how much importance Bethany Christian put on wanting to know how we personally know Christ as our Lord and Savior and how we are actively growing in our relationship with Him. Through this whole application I wanted to make sure I thoroughly thought out everything while being open to the Holy Spirit’s guidance while trying not to listen to those thoughts of whether or not we would get accepted to the program. I truly believe the devil loves to plant those fears and worries in your mind when you are seeking Christ and putting Him first through anything you are doing. I literally think I spent as much time as I could on those questions and had to put my trust in God, and that He would open this path if it was meant to be. Once we made our decision to go with Bethany, Luke and I decided to pray with one another daily in everything we have done and continue to go through during this journey. This process is SOO much BIGGER than us and we need our Lord’s strength, comfort, and wisdom through this journey! That following Monday was a very exciting day; once I got into work I mailed in our pre-application packet. It was our FIRST big mailing of the adoption process! Woohoo!! Now that was a big deal to us!!!  As I made finishing details to our packet for it to be all set to mail out, one of my amazing co-workers and I prayed before I sent it out; it was so meaningful and made me realize how much God has blessed us with such an amazing support group!  I am very blessed to have such amazing, supportive, Godly co-workers; I am truly thankful for each and every single one of them!

After a little more than a week went by, I decided to call Bethany and see if they had received our pre-application packet….and soon after that they went on to tell me that they did receive our packet and that it was APPROVED!! PRAISE GOD!! Luke and I were thrilled!! As we took in this exciting news, we continued not to rush anything, but walk alongside one another as we put Christ at the center. We felt at peace with continuing the next step of the adoption process.

No comments:

Post a Comment